Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lift Off

Humming right along on my new, super fast, sleek (though considerably bigger) laptop. Got a blue screen again on the old one so decided it's officially time. The old one is still 'working' - and I'll still use it for playing some computer games that are on it - but my new, pretty Dell is now the official Majah computer. Successfully moved Quicken over to this PC this morning. Also made the first cyber purchase (more to come momentarily); enjoyed some virtual farming, city planning and forging new frontiers. The keyboard is much larger and that is taking some getting used to. And the delete button is in the weirdest place ever but I hopefully won't have to use Control-Alt-Delete as much on this computer vs. my old one - no freezing up anytime soon - so that won't be too much of a problem.

H. is taking a culinary arts class so we've been cooking up a storm. Made home made chicken pot pies last night - good but a little too salty. Was a good recipe to try since he has to critique the recipes and so he has something to comment on. This morning, we're whipping up some cinnamon and sticky buns for me to take to work tomorrow. And hopefully we'll have enough dough left over for homemade pizza tonight - otherwise, we'll be whipping up a home made pizza crust later today. We're also making Christmas sugar cookies - though we will be decorating them via a shortcut. Purchased edible paper transfers of pretty designs to put on the top of round cookies. Really just wanted to try them out and see what they're like - we'll also decorate some with more traditional methods.

Tree is up and lit. Decorating later today. Wrapping Central is set up in our bedroom. Have to finish shopping for out of town family shortly and then get things ready to mail.

Only five work days until vacation. It is a long week and it is jammed. Feel a little weary just thinking about it. Minutes tick by no matter what....so I know I'll make it through. We have a fun work holiday party planned on Thursday evening - we're doing Secret Santa's again this year and I've been struggling to find the right 'White Elephant' gift for the person I'm being Santa for. I'm not sure I get the concept of White Elephant but I think I've figured it out yesterday. It's goofy, has no practical purpose and the person will probably want to get rid of it as soon as possible. I think I've got it figured out finally!

OK - first official blog post on new computer crossed off the list of firsts for this machine.

Back to baking!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...