Thursday, December 30, 2010

Control [Insert Alpha Here]

Turns out my sticky notes can be edited using the 'Control alpha' commands. Control B will bold, Control U will underline and Control T will strike through....so now I can enjoy the satisfaction of seeing completed items off the list until I update periodically and delete. Cool.

I did not rise by 7. In fact, I slept until after 9. Had a bad headache a good part of the night and since I can't see my clock from my bed (which really does help with just going back to sleep vs. knowing what time it is and fearing it's time to get up - admittedly not a factor during vacation weeks but might revolutionize my early-morning waking pattern on work days) so I just went back to sleep. J. was already out of the house getting his car serviced.

I'm working on culling out my closet and the garage. Took a Claritin-D in the hopes it would help my head....still 'on edge' (translation: nausea and trying to keep a migraine-level headache at bay). So I'm taking it slow. Heck, three whole days still remain....so there's still plenty of time, right?

So now my laptop screen is covered in sticky notes of different colors. Grocery lists, Costco lists, work list, home list, etc. Showed J. so he'll know to check the lists before he heads out to grocery or Costco, etc. Will hopefully ring in 2011 with a more organized Majah - having lists on the machine vs. paper works really well for me. I'm just not a paper person.

Time for more closet culling. I'm also convincing myself to just donate the various items in the 'garage sale' bins in the garage - we haven't sold them yet and we likely never will (since we just never get around to actually holding the planned sale). We currently have our entire living room furniture set in the garage (long story) and we definitely need to do some culling so we can get a car back in there soon. 4 cars, all parked outside. I can't imagine how we've managed to fill the garage but here we are. When the boys move out (someday), much will go with them.....but for now, drums, sports stuff, etc. have over taken the space.

I'm using the completely empty living room as a reason to start planning to have the 15 foot wall painted a contrasting color. Picture a deep plum. Would love to do the 'polished plaster' effect but not sure we can afford that. Still, I'm going to look into getting some ideas and estimates. Then save up to make it happen. It's a huge space with windows in odd places and I've always wanted to add color to make that space 'pop'. So now's the time! I'll try to document the process in pictures. I'm mildly tempted to 'hire' son #2 to make it happen - however, we'd need to put in scaffolding and I'm hesitant about doing that on our own. There's absolutely no way to tackle the project without scaffolding - so better to leave it to professionals. It won't happen tomorrow - we have car repair bills, veterinary bills, Christmas bills, regular bills.....so it will take some time to save up. It'll be a nice Spring project to plan for.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...