Monday, February 01, 2010

Various

I have basically commandeered J.'s computer...it boots up to Internet ready before mine has even passed the 'black screen' of having it's power turned on. Ridiculous. So I sneak over to this side of the office whenever possible for a 'fast' computer fix.

Last week was crazy busy - it was supposed to be my week to catch up because my boss was out of the office all week...but it became totally crazy when a couple high profile issues arose that were mine to take care of. Yikes....it was hugely crazy and I feel so behind.

I was a 'Cranky Pants' today - no particular reason except that it's hard sometimes feeling like some folks keep setting the bar so low and then pat themselves on the back for exceeding the bar slightly. Happy with 'F' level work that when they manage a 'D', they feel great! Wow...it's really wearing on me these days. I can only keep doing what I do - 'A+' work all the time. It's how I'm wired...and I honestly don't think I could do anything differently - though there are sure some who would have me try. As if me lowering my bar for myself will somehow help their performance look 'better'. It's oddly irritating. It's not new...it just usually doesn't bother me as much as it has the past week or so. I'll have to just get over it 'cuz it is what it is - and what it isn't. It's just a Monday after working some of this past weekend in a vain attempt to keep my head even slightly above water. I hate that drowning feeling....

It was a nice weekend - relatively quiet. Weather was so-so. Still not warm enough to get out and work in the yard a lot - but it is starting to be warm enough that the bulbs J. planted in the patio planters are coming up! Spring is on it's way!

Have a three day weekend this weekend that I am hoping to turn into a four day weekend if at all possible. We'll see. That will require huge amounts of stuff to get done by Thursday - but a day off is good motivation!

J. is flying to Minnesota in the morning - returning on a late flight that will have him pulling into the driveway sometime in the wee hours of Wednesday morning....assuming his flights are all on time. He is attending the funeral of a co-workers wife.....miss him already. I will man the battle stations sans spouse - it makes me cranky(er) and tired just thinking about it.

That's it for now....I'm going to get my motivation going and get off the computer and go do something productive. Usually, there's nothing better than just moving forward on something to push me out of a cranky mood. Hope for the best....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...