Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunshine!

The sun is out today for the first time in WEEKS!! YEAH! It's still cold - but it's clear and 'sunny' and bright and cheery! Yippee!!

J. left me a card on my computer so I'd see it first thing this morning. I did the same - using a card I found in the card box that while not technically Valentine's Day, worked.

B. is going skydiving with friends today for a belated birthday celebration. H. is going to because he FINISHED his paper yesterday. Came downstairs around 7PM to show us and told J. 'I feel so much better now that it's done'. If only he could continue to connect that just doing the work and getting it 'done' will be so much easier than either skipping it all together or doing it so-so and getting fewer points. Or, as is his habit lately - not turning it in even though you've done it so you get zero.

Today will be grocery and Costco shopping - and, assuming the sun holds, some outside tidying up. The storms have battered the yards and patios and they are in need of some TLC.

It's Valentine's Day and there's romantic comedies on ALL DAY! I'm watching You've Got Mail right now - yesterday, we watched Out of Africa. I love those movies!!

I'm getting supplies to attempt to make home made sticky buns. I've never been good at anything involving yeast - but I'm determined to master yeast breads. It's on my 'bucket list'.

Gotta get going before the sun disappears. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...