Monday, February 15, 2010

Doing Nothing

I am home alone today...H. is around but at a friends house. Yes, it's OK because it's a school holiday and because he's done with his big project. I intend to remind him that had he continued to put it off, he'd be stuck here slaving away at it all day - but because he did the work, he's been 'free as a bird' today, hanging out with a friend. Playing some Wii game that requires him to take the Wii with him....

I went to work for a couple hours but honestly, my heart wasn't in it. I just couldn't bring myself to stay longer. It's a beautiful day.

I decided to air out the house - first sunny day in a long time. The dog spent part of the afternoon lying in the sun and got herself so 'overheated' that she had to move onto the tile floor, lay down on her side and pant for awhile. That's a sure sign the weather is changing! So I went up to B.'s room and opened the window - and realized there's no screen on the window. Huh?

I called J. who informed me that the screen has been off for a couple weeks and apparently, B. and his friends were climbing out the window and onto the roof a couple weeks ago 'because it's a great place to see the stars'. Something like that. It's also a great place to slide down 14 feet and break bones, but oh well. What do I know? I'm just the mom. I guess J. was hoping to fix the screen before I noticed - and yet he didn't. Hmmm. Parenting. Get some, my sweet. I'm not a big fan of teenage boys on the roof of our house. Ever.

B. went snowboarding with friends for the day - he's had a great weekend of no work and plenty of activities. There's also possible 'news' on the job front but I'll save the update for when we have confirmation.

It's the last of 3-day weekends for awhile....it's been nice to enjoy the two Mondays off in a row.

Except tomorrow will be a 'Tuesday that feels exactly like a Monday', complete with starting the short week with a Leadership meeting that will take most of my morning. Yikes. Oh well.

I'm going to get chicken breasts marinating to make Butter Chicken - one of our favorite Indian dishes. Tonight, we'll have leftover Chinese food but tomorrow night, we'll have Butter Chicken. It will be absolutely scrumptious!

The carpets need vacuuming; the counters need cleaning; the furniture needs dusting. But I'm doing none of it - 'cuz tomorrow, the cleaning ladies come and I will be cleaning for nothing. I want to do it - but I'm resisting. It's not really that hard to resist. But I feel like it should be.

:-)

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...