Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Soup

Threw caution to the wind last night and 'dined' on soup. Bean soup. Seemed 'substantial' (vs. a broth soup) and I needed something besides cottage cheese or yogurt.

Huge mistake. I was pretty miserable within a matter of minutes and definitely miserable within 1/2 hour. Went to bed feeling horrible and couldn't sleep - thankfully, though, kept everything down. Slept about 5 hours fitfully which makes the circles under my eyes just that much more pronounced.

Heading to the doctor shortly and work after. I have deadlines to meet and will just have to weather the issues my body is creating as best I can. If I'm miserable, I'll pack up stuff and come work at home.

Took H. to school this morning 'cuz J. left at the crack of dawn. Will pick H. up at school as well because we're tracking his every movement. Often wishing I had a GPS chip in him. Reminding all of us - including J. - that semantics are important. We had an almost huge blow-up over a misunderstanding - J. assumed H. was doing something after school related to making up an oral quiz and in fact, that isn't what H. said he was doing - so when I emailed his teacher to confirm he showed up and the teacher knew nothing about it, I became concerned. Unnecessarily concerned, as it turned out, because H. had said he was going to go talk to the teacher about the quiz he'd already made up during class time. These details are important. I live in a home with 3 individuals for whom attention to detail on that level is not the norm. It frustrates me. And I torture them regularly with what they think of as 'mom's grilling' - getting to the details so I actually understand what the heck is happening around here. It's fun - in a sort of odd way. I should be a lawyer. I'd be a great one 'cuz there is no detail that slips past me. None.

Two comments on the previous post already!! And the best part is: they are people I actually know in real life!!! Thanks S. and K. for being brave enough to navigate the requirements of setting up a Google account so you can post comments. Now that you have an account that allows you to post comments, I hope you will. It's fun reconnecting/staying connected via here and/or Facebook. Never thought I'd ever say that about Facebook but I do enjoy it....

Have a great day and I'll do my best to do the same.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...