Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fragging

My laptop is in the process of having it's drives 'de-fragged'. I have no idea what this means or why it's necessary or what it's doing. I just know that it's taking frickin' forever - it's been running for HOURS and it's only 12% complete.

J.'s doing this because this morning, the slowness of this damn computer was making me crazy. I'm ready to buy one - possibly two - more. One for my games. One for Internet stuff. One for word processing/spreadsheets, etc. Ridiculous, I know. And we won't. But this computer is taking forever to boot up; gets stuck periodically, usually at the absolutely most inopportune times. For example, anyone who tries to chat with me on Facebook - I'm not ignoring you. But the minute you open the chat box by writing to me, my computer totally freezes. And stays that way for awhile...and then periodically refreezes as I'm trying to talk to you in chat. It's maddening. People seem to just give up and 'close' and probably think I'm rude and ignoring them - but I'm not. I am just having computer issues....

At this rate, the de-fragging will be working all night. Hopefully, it will consolidate/clean-up things enough to give me a bit of a lift in processor speed. If not, I'm going to start socking money away in my 'get Majah another laptop' account - the same account that just paid for my iPod Touch - so I can have a 'slow' computer for stuff I'm not in a hurry about and a 'fast' computer for everything else.

J. and I are heading out to Dave Wong's in Stockton for dinner - our second night in a row of eating out ALONE. Last night we had Mexican. Tonight, Chinese feast. We've invited son #2 on both evenings but he's 'chilling with friends'. We could torture him and force him to go - but that would sort of make the dinner 'tense'. And if we're paying for a nice dinner (we really haven't been eating out much these days), we want to really enjoy it. And at Dave Wong's, we definitely will. And there will be leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...