Sunday, January 10, 2010

Did and Did Not

Things I did this weekend:

  • the monthly Target and Petsmart shopping trip;
  • caught up on Lion's stuff;
  • surprised J. and the boys by meeting them for dinner at Moo Moo's on Saturday night;
  • got one long overdue work item off my list;
  • helped/supervised H. detailing the inside of my car;
  • continued the cull out project by shredding a giant bin of stuff;
  • watched the movie "Parenthood" (which we think is one of the greatest movies of all time).
Things I did not do:

  • finish catching up on Lions stuff;
  • get ALL the long overdue work items off my list;
  • nap;
  • work - for work - as I'd planned;
  • feel ready for another long week.
It was a good weekend but they just go by so quickly. I just fixed Pasta Carbonara for Sunday dinner - easy. I'm going to dig back into Lions stuff and do some organizing and filing to hopefully catch up. We have a Lions Board meeting Wednesday and a regular meeting Thursday and I have lots to do for both. And I have a school board meeting Tuesday and am in Sacramento most of Tuesday to attend a workshop on the Governor's budget. Should be entertaining (not).

I am feeling much better and ate more this weekend than I have in a long time. The burger at Moo Moo's last night was delicious - and the sweet potato fries are the best! They are thin so they crisp so much better than most sweet potato fries. I love them! And enjoyed the pasta this evening. Cutting my portions in 1/2 is helping, I think. I didn't eat the bun on the burger last night and I am really careful about not over-eating - and I feel a lot better!

All three of my guys have been under the weather this weekend - stomach bug passing through. J. and H. were not well yesterday and B. is ill today. They all appear to be on the mend....

Back to work.....plan to go to sleep in a few hours and head in early tomorrow - to partially make up for not working this weekend, I will need to put in some hugely LONG days this upcoming week. Oh well. It's OK. Makes me glad I'm approaching 50 'cuz I need so much less sleep these days to be coherent. If I were doing this job in my 20s or 30s, I wouldn't be able to function. But these days, 5-6 hours of sleep is plenty!

1 comment:

hsvjm said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better and able to eat a little more. I'm glad that I have been able to keep up with the goings on in your life. It is ever-changing, isn't it? Mine is no where close to what it was five years ago. There have been ups and downs, but I am truly blessed with what I have. Miriam is now five and will be going to school this year. Many have said she looks like me. Must be the chubby cheeks. Max is now three and oh my goodness, is he ever a handfull. Kate is thinking of making him turn in his kid card. He is often 3 going on 30. I love them both from the depths of my soul and than God for such wonderful grandbabies. I have received two long letters from Martha and have yet to answer them. Dr. Cota and I keep in touch, but moreso Dr. Mertes. I was surprised to see so many retire from LPC. Many say it is not the same. Was sorry to hear about Bob's son. Is he doing okay now? Remember, if you ever make it to Nashville, give me a call. We can do lunch. Hugs, Sharon

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...