Friday, January 01, 2010

2010

Happy New Year!!

I awoke with a monstrous headache....now I know...you're thinking 'ha ha ha - hangover'....but I honestly don't think it was. I did have some refreshing beverages last night - but never even felt slightly 'buzzed'. Drank a couple margaritas and a small glass of champagne over 8 hours, accompanied with plenty of food and water...so I don't think it was a hangover. I think it was sinuses 'cuz they are giving me grief.

Two Excedrin Migraine and some cheese and crackers and I was much improved. Went and curled up in bed again - primarily to get warm, which took an hour...just freezing - and drifted off to sleep and woke up FOUR HOURS LATER. At 5:30PM. Showered and went to the bank and picked up greasy hamburgers and fries for dinner. Now THAT'S the perfect 'hangover' cure, if a hangover was the malady.

Slowly but surely, we are coming to grips with the break being over. Starting to plan out our week - who will take H. to school and who will pick him up, etc. A complicated choreography. I resisted the urge to go in - rationalizing that it will all still be there when we get back...not working during the break just makes the days that much more 'full' next week - but I think I can handle it.

We had a lot of fun at the party, as we usually do. Fun group and fun activities. Ping pong, darts, billiards, Jenga and Wii bowling. My partner and I were the 'champions' of billiards - which is shocking 'cuz it's the game I'm weakest at. We don't have a billiard table so how can I practice from year to year? But I came out of the finals a winner - so that was cool. J. and his partner were also in the billiards finals - so one M. family member had to come home a winner in that game. B. spent the night there and we allowed H. to spend the night at a friends house as well. Now it's back to 'grounded until you're 30'....or something like that.

Two more days of organizing, tidying and preparing. A new year and a fresh start. 2009 was a good year....though some parts of it I'd like a do-over. And some I'd most definitely not want a repeat...and am grateful the year is over.

Fresh starts. We need that in this house. A mind-clearing, emotion-healing fresh start.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...