Wednesday, April 01, 2009

WTF?

B., who is attending his senior prom this weekend....who has been planning the attendance of the senior prom for MONTHS...who has shelled out money (his) for tux rental, flowers, prom bid (a fancy way to say tickets), etc.....who has watched us shell out our money for the party bus....who has been talking about this and planning it with his very best friends and looking forward to this 'final' right of passage as a high school senior.....

The same B. who did all those things DID NOT ask for the day off work. What a num-nut. I can't get over it. I probably would have never known except I'm really good at math - and when he said he was off yesterday, today and tomorrow, and he also didn't work Sunday, I 'did the math' and realized 'how is he working 16 hours (his minimum # of hours that they guarantee) if he's only got one more work day remaining - a four hour shift on Friday? That's when he informed me that in fact, he got someone to cover his Saturday hours because 'I forgot to ask for it off, Mom. It's no big deal'.

I said/mumbled 'it is a big deal B., to everyone but you'. And then told J. who tried to convince me it was no big deal as well....and I replied 'it is completely and totally a BIG DEAL that he never asked for the day off. Where is his head? Oh, no, wait a minute...I know EXACTLY where his head's been.....NOT on school, NOT on work, NOT on doing what needs to be done around here as a member of this household. NO, his head is everywhere BUT any of those places.

His head is/was basically up his ass. And yes, I know that's harsh for a mom to say. But it's from a mom who is completely and totally fed up with her son's lack of responsibility, lack of follow-through, lack of planning, etc. That's from the mom who had to drop everything today to rush to school with money for B. to pay for the prom bid because he 'forgot' to take his checkbook. And from the same mom who not only reminded him repeatedly to take his checkbook but also transferred money into the account the checks are charged against because....why....? Because B. has yet to deposit last week's paycheck and he's close to overdrawing his account.

So forgive me for being a bit pissy about his complete and utter lack of anything even remotely resembling being responsible.

And no, this is not a joke - no April Fool's joke. This is my life these days.....over and over and over.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...