Sunday, April 19, 2009

Over

Vacation is officially over. Ended the week off with an evening of gardening - planted cucumbers, squash, peppers and one flowering plant (to fill in an existing planter). Still have a basil and a parsley plant to put into planters but we ran out of soil - another trip to Home Depot next weekend, I guess. I bought really brightly colored, light-weight movable planters that I just LOVE. They are so pretty - and cheerful. J. doesn't really like them - he of muted 'earth-tones' as a preference (which is comical if you've ever seen our home - there's not a muted earth tone in sight. Seriously. Not a single one)....

It was a nice week off in many ways....and not so much in others.

Things are tense in Casa Majah and that is not likely to change anytime soon. I won't go into details...no, really. So don't ask. But I will tell you that my frustration with the men in my life is increasing on a daily basis. There have been very few times in my marriage when I was flipping out mad - but that happened yesterday. Still feel incredibly angry. And realize it will do no good - I mean really, what can I do about it? Leave? Yep...and I've seriously considered it. Still am considering it, actually. I don't think I'll ever act on that feeling - but I might. I am not happy here....at least not at the moment. All parties are sorry - sorrier than sorry. But the issues still exist - and they will not change anytime soon. (and I will tell you it's nothing horrifically bad - no infidelity, nothing seriously marriage-crushing. And yet...I feel crushed. Dead in the water crushed about so many things. We aren't seeing eye to eye on some critical points these days and being ignored is not acceptable to me....and that's exactly what happened. We don't see eye to eye on how to handle things with B. and it's really making me hugely pissed off. At J. and at B. Hugely pissed off....).

Sounds like getting back to work will be a welcome diversion from my life at home....yet, I'm dreading returning as much as you can imagine. Went in briefly yesterday (because I did seriously have to get the hell out of the house) and took care of emails, incoming mail, voice mails and planning my week....so that should help. But all it really did is make me think 'Holy Crap - I should so NOT have taken this week off'. And yet, I did....and I needed it. And I know I will do whatever I need to do...and it will all get done. It will.

The weather turned very warm suddenly - great for getting outside and working in the yard. Wish we'd had the pool cover on 'cuz it probably would have warmed up considerably - it reached 90 here today - I think that's a record breaking temp.

I might be silent for awhile....I don't have much to say these days that doesn't revolve around the issues surrounding B. . Maybe a break from blogging is in order while we attempt to sort things out. So I might be quiet this week.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...