Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Off My List

Done so far:

Taxes. Ready to e-File. We are mailing B.'s in because the fee to e-File is 10% of what he's getting back and I'm too thrifty to pay that much. We will e-File ours though because it's easy. J. will make a trip to the post office in the morning to get them all taken care of. We owe so we have to mail a check to both the Feds and the State. Thankfully, we don't owe a lot....should have made more charitable donations last year but I was trying to be more 'selective'. It's manageable and didn't cause me too much anxiety, all things considered.

Closets/dresser in 'my' room (where all my clothes are) looking a lot better. Three big bags for Goodwill. 2 plastic bins with a size that I know I will get into again someday - figured if I moved them out, I'd know what I have and therefore will be more inclined to work harder and getting into them again. And getting them off shelves, out of drawers and out of my closet will help ensure there's plenty of room for other stuff thus alleviating the 'stack' method of putting away my clothes. Still working in there and grateful I have 5 days left of Spring Break.

Preparing for Spring clean up - the semi-annual 'put anything and everything on the curb and the city trash department will pick it up for free' event. We don't have much but we have some so J. is out there now putting stuff outside. The weather took a freakish turn for the worse - hugely hard winds and then a huge patch of BLACK clouds that unloaded some huge 'sprinkles' for about a half hour. The storm appears to have passed and the winds have died down, which is a really good thing considering there's a bunch of trash sitting in front of virtually every house on the block. The wind scattering THAT would be a problem.

I have been waylaid by an ear infection, of all things. I feel like I'm 4 years old! I've had 'ringing in my ear' (actually a high-pitched kind of sound that doesn't really 'ring' as much as it just 'hums' incessantly) for a week or so now. Just when I had decided that perhaps this isn't just another thing my Dr. will say is caused by 'you're getting older', I was awake most of the night with PAIN in my left ear. A trip to the doctor confirmed my suspicions - which was a relief 'cuz I was starting to feel like I'd been flattened by a pavement squisher. I just took my first dose of antibiotics so I will hopefully be feeling a lot better tomorrow.

I've also been to the bank, made our monthly Target and Petsmart runs, filled up my car, done various other things around the house and napped 4 days in a row - the only day I haven't napped has been today and I'm ready for sleep. Yesterday, after 4 days of naps in a row combined with getting up and going to bed when my body told me it was tired and/or ready to wake up had made a huge difference and I felt absolutely rejuvenated down to my toes! The ear thing has sort of put a damper on that today but I'm confident I'll be feeling far better tomorrow. A good night's sleep will do the trick!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...