Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Going to the Chapel

(I've been humming that song all day).

This morning, upon turning on my Blackberry, my voicemail reminder beeped. I had two new voicemails - from B., my sister's boyfriend, lover, house-mate....telling me to call him. It's 'important', he said. Followed by another voicemail again 'it's REALLY important so please call me' with a quick 'but everything's OK - nothing bad or anything - but CALL ME'. So I did - and he informed me that as of last night, my sister is his FIANCEE and he is her FIANCE! [I don't know how to get the 'dash' thing on the 'e']!!!! Yes, they are officially engaged. I am so over the moon happy for them - and can tell them both in this very public forum "Neener, neener, neener - I TOLD YOU SO". I've known their engagement was imminent. It was just destined to be. Oh sure, they tried to be all 'cool and casual' about the whole falling in love thing. 'We're taking it slow' was a common mantra. THAT went out the window that VERY DAY when after dropping me at the airport, they spent the entire day together and then (uh hum) the entire night together - the 'taking it slow' part long out the window.

THEN, it was logical they should move in together. Who wouldn't? K. was never at her house - which she was paying for each month to sit empty. Seemed logical to me...but they insisted 'no, we're enjoying what we have now' - my sister hinted 'oh, we'll probably move in together sometime in the New Year'. THAT went out the window when I received a card confirming a change of address effective January 1st, basically. I got the card just a couple weeks after my sister had said she was pretty sure we'd have time for one more 'party' at her house...that isn't going to happen, obviously - not that I mind a bit - no better reason to cancel a party, in my opinion.

I commented 'so a wedding can't be far behind'. OH NO, they replied. We're having so much fun - we're just so happy. They bought a motor home - a sure sign of commitment, don't 'ya think? Between you and me, internet friends, the motor home is what made me POSITIVE they were going to 'take it to the next level'. I mean, you don't mutually invest in a 2nd home on wheels if you are not seriously considering making this a permanent gig. You just don't ACQUIRE PROPERTY with someone you're not planning to be legally bound to FOREVER.

And FINALLY, after seven LONG months (LOL 'cuz it is pretty darn quick, even by my 'couldn't get J. to the altar fast enough' standards), they decided to acknowledge what I've known all along - they are getting married. In the fall sometime. TBD. No location, no date. And I will most definitely be there. Wherever they decide, whenever. If work things challenge me, I will simply fly in for the day and fly home all night if I have to. I will not miss this event. No way.

It's going to be a terrifically great party. They are so great together - and I'm so happy for them both. We all are. J. gave it 'two thumbs up' - we can't wait for them to drive the 2nd home up here for a visit. If not, we'll see them at the wedding! Whenever that celebration may be.

HAPPY ENGAGEMENT TO K. AND B. And much love to you both. I am so happy for you - and so honored to have watched the whole story 'unfold'. It's one of the greatest love stories of my life - and I'm living a really great one myself - so I know a good love story when I see it.

Going to the chapel
And we're gonna get married
Going to the chapel
And we're gonna get married
Gee I really love you
And we're gonna get married
Going to the chapel of love

YEAH!!! LOVE wins!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...