Saturday, February 02, 2008

Footnote

I was right - B. didn't text me yesterday. He thought it was just as 'odd' that I texted him in the middle of the day that I was at the dentist. J. had paged me on my cell phone earlier in the day - he was at Costco to get new tires on his car and I was on my way to pick him up - and when I saw the 'unread message' note, I went to messages and my last 'text trail' is what popped up. Funny.

It's cold and cloudy again today. Bummer. Yesterday was clear and sunny and it was such a nice change. I worked outside clearing standing water from one of our patio planters. What a mess. I used the soil that has the 'water retention' beads in it. Turns out that after days of rain, it turns into some odd kind of 'soup' with dead leaves that have dropped off the plant combined with dirt and oversoaked water beads. It was gross. Cleared everything out and drained as much water as I could. Guess I'll have to go out and cover the planter with some kind of plastic since it looks like rain is in the air. Again. These long, wet winters get old - and I'd never last a day in any environment that was snowy. Never.

H. begged J. to let him (H.) sleep as long as he wants this morning. Which frustrates the heck out of me since he has a birthday party at 2 today and we have church tomorrow morning...so his 'chore time' is already severely impacted. J. says he's up and once he has breakfast, he's on deck for working. SO I'd best head upstairs to finally put clothes on and start my day, as well.

PS - Blogger Spell Check is inoperable...so I'm doing the best I can to avoid spelling errors. Sorry for those I miss.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...