Thursday, December 27, 2007

Faves

Favorites on my gift list this year:

iPod connector for the van. Hooks into the cigarette lighter and transmits on an FM station. It's a bit 'staticy' at times and is a pain when you're driving from city to city, since you have to re tune to a different station. But, as I told J. this evening - since I stop at a Starbucks in virtually every city I travel to, it will work. And will save me buying a new car for a nice(r) iPod hookup, at least for awhile.

Seasons 1 & 2 (same DVD set) of the TV show 'Hazel'. Just hearing the theme song took me back. We had a 'Hazel' of sorts - her name was Mrs. Hagen. She was the mother of a neighbor and she helped my mom with housecleaning and taking care of us after school. And also on sick days. I remember that whenever I was sick, I would make myself green peas drowning in butter. And Mrs. Hagen would do a little 'tsk, tsk - soooo much butter'. But I'd make them anyway and love eating them. I'd give anything for my kids to fix a vegetable for a snack or meal - and butter is the least of worries in terms of nutrition. But Mrs. Hagen would always comment on that. She was a nice lady. And a big help to my mom. I've loved watching the DVDs this weekend. And hope they will put out other seasons soon. I also have 'The Doris Day' show on my wish list on Amazon and for now, ordered them via Netflix. They are a lot of fun, also and another nice walk down memory lane.

The Cuisineart Pannini Grill. It's GREAT. I have it on the breakfast bar next to the stand mixer. Have made hot dogs, breakfast (potatoes and bacon) so far and have a zillion more ideas. It's a grill or a griddle and switching the plates out is a breeze. I just love it and think we will use it a lot. It's easy for the kids to use for quick grilled cheese sandwiches, quick hot dogs, etc. And the hash browns were crispy and great!

jjill and Sephora gift cards! LOVE those two stores and am treating myself to some post-Christmas clearance (jjill) and new makeup at Sephora. The best part is: I don't have to leave the house. Can use the GCs online and shipping is free! Great deal all around. Thanks to the men in my life for spoiling me!

Finally, the Nintendo Wii. It is a lot of fun FOR ALL OF US - and that is a rare and wonderful thing. Has gotten both me and J. up off our butts a fair amount the past few days - and that's a great thing. It's a fun 'activity' to do together and we are all really enjoying it.

It's been a great Christmas all around! Hope yours was the same!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...