Monday, December 24, 2007

Errands

It's 10:30AM and I'm already done with:

Grocery shopping
Starbucks for Gift Cards (and yes, one iced tea)
Jack in the Box for Gift Cards
Bank for cash moo la
Bakery for pie, blueberry coffee cake, cookies and bear claws.

Was up and moving before sunrise and ready to head out the door around 8:30ish or so. All but the bakery stop were done by 9:30. The bakery didn't open until 10 so I came home, J. helped unload and then I headed back to the bakery. Should have sat in the parking lot for a half hour when I got there at 9:30 because upon return, the cars were lined up and down the street. The line into the shop was out the door and looped inside. Kandie's is pretty darn popular during the holidays and today is pie pick up day. Thankfully, I hadn't ordered but couldn't resist a triple berry pie which they had made 'extra' of. Yummy. And I had to get two more bags of the fantastic Christmas cookies. I can't wait for Easter when she'll make ducks and eggs and chicks! She only opens for the holidays and her baked goods are to die for. Seriously delicious!

J. is using his 'method' and my list and wrapping like a maniac upstairs. Trying diligently to be ahead of the game before we leave for church tonight. To avoid the 1-2AM finish of previous years.

I tried to convince H. that this year, some Santa stuff would be under the tree because Santa wanted our help. He said [very seriously] 'I don't know how it's possible to have Santa stuff under the tree when he hasn't been here yet'. I said 'come on, H.'. He said 'how you and Santa work out the gift thing is between the two of you. But for me, he doesn't arrive before Christmas Eve'. 'Nuf said, I guess. He's 14 and stubborn and still wanting that magic - and I'm 47 1/2 and know exactly how he feels. So no Santa gifts under the tree until Santa's arrival sometime after we return from church, and watch the Santa Clause and have cocoa by the fire. 'Tis the tradition.

Last night, I watched Santa Clause2 on Disney and it was great. The boys weren't interested in watching it with me (party poopers) - they chose instead to watch a 'holiday version' of South Park. Eee gads. What Christmas fare is THAT? So J. watched the SC2 with me until even he'd had enough and headed upstairs for laundry folding. The best part is: I bought Santa Clause 3 at Costco and now can't wait to watch it. Silly? Yes. But cute Christmas movies are my favorite part of the year....and now there's THREE. Thankfully, we won't have to add watching all 3 of them to our traditions, or we'd have to start our Christmas Eve festivities at noon!

Heading into the kitchen to tidy up and plan lunch and dinner today. We headed to In and Out for dinner last night - all of us in the mood for a good hamburger and fries. Tonight, we'll fix something here although at the moment, I have no idea what that will be. Maybe cream of potato soup with cheese, bacon, croutons, etc.

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...