Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ahhh

Vacation is here! Eighteen glorious days stretched before me. Not a care in the world...

Oh, that's not true. I will need to work at least a day or two during the break..partly because there are a bunch of things I'm late or behind on. And partly because I promised I would spend some of the break working on getting some organizational things shored up - files, binders, etc. So now I'm trying to decide if I will go in tomorrow and/or Friday and 'get it over with' or if I will enjoy a few days off and go back in mid-week next week for a day or two. I honestly can't decide - though I do know that I need to sleep in for a few days to get caught up on sleep. And since I've made lunch plans tomorrow, tomorrow is out. So it is likely I will go in mid to late next week and get everything done so I can then be off through the 6th.

We have no set plans. The boys want to go snowboarding again. We'd like to get into the city for one day. We plan to attend Christmas eve services and have a quiet Christmas at home. Other than that, we have no commitments, no plans.

We are starting to work on the garage tomorrow. I am determined and am biting the bullet and not 'saving' things for the garage sale we never have. J. is also home starting tomorrow and we have a lot of wrapping to do.

H. just arrived home having fallen on his skateboard and landing on his face. He had no helmet on - which is another issue entirely, since he knows he HAS TO wear a helmet - so I am thankful he did not hit his head. Judging by the cuts and bruises on his face and the fatness of his top lip, he is lucky his head was spared the trauma or we'd be on our way to the ER about now, praying it was just a concussion. He is 'fine' though swollen and angst filled. The fact he is lucky and didn't break anything - his nose or a wrist or arm - doesn't enter his mind. His only concern is 'when will my face be back to normal'? His appearance is the most important thing. The ladies, you know....

The two boys are in the middle of 'finals week' and stress abounds. But they arrive home daily and hit the books and both assure us the grades will reflect their diligence. I hope they are right. H. has been restricted since forever, it seems - and we hope to lighten up a bit if the next report card shows improvement.

May blog more, may blog less over the break. Hard to say. Have so many 'things to do' that I want to accomplish - and on the other hand, have many posts swirling around in my head...so we'll see.

I am heading upstairs shortly for a wonderful night's sleep, and a great 'sleeping in' tomorrow. Hopefully, J. will agree to be up at 7 to ensure the boys leave the house 'on time'. He probably will - he's great about that! (hint, hint).

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...