Friday, December 14, 2007

Play Date

J. and I are taking a day off together. No firm plans other than getting the Christmas decorations down from the garage rafters, doing a little shopping, maybe having lunch out and going with the boys after school to buy our Christmas tree. We will spray flame retardant on it and let it dry overnight and then will work on decorating tomorrow. We are a bit 'behind' on the festiveness quotient for the house. Just haven't had much free weekend time to get stuff done. But this weekend is IT. We have to get a tree and make it look like Christmas around here. We're debating about putting up the outdoor decorations - with our electric bill so high already, I hesitate to add more power drain to it. But it's Christmas and we always put up yard decorations and some lights at least around the garage doors. We'll have to do something. I don't like the house un-decorated.

[Update]....we had lunch at Costco. We purchased some clothing and toy items for the little girl I'm buying gifts for. Instead of buying gifts for each other at work, we adopt a family - we each shop for one person in the family and then donate money for groceries. My family member was a little girl so I had a lot of fun picking things out for her. A pair of jeans, a fleecy sweater and a nice jacket/vest combo. Will look for a pair of shoes at Target later this weekend. We also visited Kandi's Pastries and stocked up on the fantastic iced Christmas cookies. Got some other gift items. Have to get packages ready to mail to various family members across the country - another weekend project for the list.

J. is taking the boys snowboarding on Sunday so I'll have time to run some errands alone (to get a couple things for J. that I couldn't get when he was with me today).

I cut my hair off - not completely. But took off 3-4 inches. It's about at my shoulders now and I feel 'strange' without it. But I'm ready to shake things up a bit and shorter hair will be much easier to manage. And it's still long enough to pin up, etc. when I'm too hurried to curl it. It looks instantly thicker - which it's not. But the loss of length has added 'depth' and I like that. Though I still kind of feel shocked when I look in the mirror. In 4 weeks, I'll probably go a couple inches shorter. That'll be it for now.

I was inducted into the Tracy Tank Town Lions last night - the ceremony was nice. Good food, good people. I am honored to be a TTT Lion - and glad to feel like I finally have some 'time' in my life to participate in a community service organization.

I'm heading upstairs for a long winter's nap. Tree procurement and decorating will commence upon my awakening. You've been warned.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...