Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tea

The colossal headache yesterday didn't abate until mid-afternoon. And I'm kind of thinking that the 'switch' to JITB iced tea is the culprit. See, I drink a LOT of tea - have been drinking 48 oz. of Starbucks tea daily for months. And I don't let them add water to the concentrate - just straight, strong tea concentrate over ice. So that's DOUBLE the caffeine. I think the watered down JITB version day before yesterday wasn't enough 'juice' to keep a caffeine withdrawal headache at bay.

As soon as I had absorbed double Starbucks teas yesterday, I was good - fine.

Class was great and I LOVED Capitola. And Aptos, which I ended up in accidentally. I came back home around 8 last night and immediatley looked at vrbo.com to find rentals. And we will be spending weeks down there in retirement. It's a couple hours drive and it's beautiful!! and beachy. The ocean breeze hit me as I got out of my car to head into the class and I just felt so 'at home' and peaceful.

Heading to work shortly. Busy day - no surprise there.

B. said 'you're weird' to me last night in a hurtful way. He's a teen and I know that - but sometimes, I just can't figure out where this kid 'came from'. I won't bore you with the details - suffice it to say, he overstepped his bounds and he knows it. But that doesn't erase the words. And I'm pretty pissed off about his entire tirade and will remain so for some time.

Ah, the joys of motherhood.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...