Sunday, July 01, 2007

Talking

Will talk to the blogosphere since there's no one here. J. took the boys to see the new Die Hard movie - something the three of them will love every minute of and me, not so much. So I opted to stay home and have mopped the kitchen floor, shredded a bunch of stuff in my shred basket and am now watching Law and Order CI. There's ALWAYS an L&O episode on somewhere. Yesterday, J. took the kids to Hayward to see their visiting cousin and the quiet of the house was too 'heavy' for me. So I cruised the cable channels and found great movies to keep me company. American President, Fun with Dick and Jane and Apollo 13. Three movies I love and that passed the time and helped me feel less 'lonely'. Which I'm not. But I felt it just the same.

Today, I watched the Concert for Diana live on VH1 on the internet and marveled at how technology is enhancing our lives. It was great - and while it was obvious that certain things were edited (likely for the TV special broadcast this evening), it was still a great show. I remember the day she died like it was yesterday. The news announcer was 'stalling' - and said at one point that there were reports that she was up and about...and then, within minutes, the real announcement that she had died. I sat on the couch in our condo in Hayward, put my head in my hands and cried. I felt so sad for her sons. As is evident, they have turned out wonderfully and their dad - who I always felt was a cad of major proportion and whom I've never forgiven for not loving her as she deserved to be loved - has done a great job raising them. They are wonderful young men and she is very proud of them, I'm sure.

J. and I got up on Monday morning and walked 1.5 miles. By the end of the walk, the 'twinges' in my lower back were hammers and by Tuesday, I was pretty miserable. Made it through Tuesday and the long Board meeting that evening. But by Wednesday, I was done. I spent the latter part of the week suffering from my 'back' flaring up. Worked 1/2 days W-Fri - but Friday was really a full day 'off' since I'd already planned to be off 1/2 day in the afternoon. I ended up not going in at all. Missed a CBO class which is a very bad thing - now I'll have to go to either Alameda or Santa Cruz to make it up. But that's what I'll do. I am avoiding pulling weeds at all costs. No bending, stooping, prolonged sitting, etc. I'm doing a lot better but it is still 'sore' and I feel it when I move. So carefully, I will go. Hopefully, we'll be able to start walking every morning again tomorrow.

This week, I'm only in the office for two days. Then the holiday. Then a day off. Then heading to Phoenix to visit my older sister and 'celebrate' her recent 'dissolution'. I know it will be 'fun' but I know there's a lot of sadness there for her, as well. We will make the best of it and enjoy a fun visit that will go by too quickly. But, it will give us a reason to schedule another one SOON.

Bug, I owe you a call. Sorry I missed the call on Friday evening. I thought I heard my cell phone buzzing but I didn't realize until this morning on the way to church that I had missed a call. I'll try to call you this week sometime.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...