Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Regret

Of course, the morning after making the decision, I'm filled with 'uh-oh'. Like I should have considered the insurance differences (significantly better coverage and lower out of pocket costs at former job vs. current job); retirement benefits (none at current job, yes at former job); etc.

I just have to believe that I'm here, working at a job in the town I live in (which anyone in Tracy will tell you is what we all dream about - to be able to find good paying work and NOT have to commute over the Altamont) for reasons that may not be clear to be now, but will be someday. And certainly, the ability to get myself to work without bumper to bumper traffic is a great thing.

I have, however, recently quadrupled my commute, since I now drive across town and back to get a Jack In The Box iced tea most mornings. I was getting TWO venti black iced teas at the Starbucks in the Savemart near our home every morning, but spending $4 a day on tea started to feel 'wrong' to me. So now I spend $1.84/day - I just have to drive a long way to get it.

And even doing that, I STILL make it to work in under 15 minutes everyday.

2 comments:

Jim said...

At 3 bucks a gallon for gas and 6 extra miles round trip to get to Jack-in-the-Box, I figure you're spending $1.06 to save yourself $2.16 and that doesn't count wear and tear on the car (or you).

I'm just sayin' . . .

Majah said...

Thanks for giving me the rationalization to stick with Starbucks, sweety! You're the best hubby EVER!

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...