Saturday, May 12, 2007

Reappeared

I worked today. The second Saturday in a row. I don't like it - but I have a lot to do. I attended a workshop in Fresno one day this past week. Next week, I have a class in Woodland (north of Sacramento) and another class in Stockton. Those classes will eat up close to 40% of my week - and there's still work that would normally fill those days. So I'm a bit 'swamped' at the moment. I packed a bunch of stuff in my 'travel boxes' and brought it home - plan to get to it tomorrow in between the flurry of Mother's Day activities.

And, today, I found the missing bracelet. I emptied out my purse - turned it upside down and emptied it completely to clean it out and to find my flash drive which always gets lost at the bottom of the bag - and there it was. It must have slipped off my wrist at some point when I was reaching into my purse for a wallet or my phone or something. So I have it back. So much for the sign. Or maybe the 'sign' is working - 'cuz I have to admit that the new job is 'feeling' a bit better lately. I've made some friends - a few - and am learning lots and starting to 'enjoy' it a bit more. I'm still taking it one day at a time and just try to get through each day. Certainly working a zillion hours is challenging, but I'm managing.

I really do think that age is on my side - I really do seem to need a lot less sleep. When I was commuting, I frequently could barely drag myself out of bed by 6:30. Now, I'm up and downstairs most days before 5. Even by 4 some mornings. I don't know where this 'change' is coming from, but I kind of like it. I like the time in the mornings to enjoy a latte and check emails, etc. before getting ready. And I like getting to the office really early before there's anyone there. It's quiet and I get so much done.

The kids only have a few weeks of school left. H. will graduate from 8th grade on June 1st. Hard to believe my 'baby' is turning 14 in two weeks. He will start freshman football on June 4th - every night from 6-8. We'll see if he makes the team. I think this is going to be a lot harder than he thinks - but he's motivated and really wants to play. He runs really fast so that's in his favor.

Tomorrow, we are going to brunch at 8am BEFORE church - to hopefully beat some of the crowd. Then church. Then home. I have requested non-chotsky stuff - no knick knacks, etc. I'd love Starbucks card(s) and a quart of Baskin Robbins Bubble Gum ice cream . That's all I want.

Heading to bed now. Getting up early is a lot harder on weekends, for some reason. But I hope to get a nap tomorrow for sure. I'm going to try for that as an afternoon 'treat'.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...