Sunday, May 06, 2007

Late

I slept in this morning until NINE THIRTY - which given my early risings lately is like some sort of cosmic shift. I did wake up before 5 but I just went back to sleep. Woke to find J. and the boys already gone - J. taking H. to catechism (which ended up being cancelled today) and B. and his friend C. to the golf course. We played hooky from church today. Apologies, God. Just needed a morning at home. Especially since I worked most of yesterday.

I had to run to the pet store yesterday to attempt to find some food for the pets that hasn't been recalled. The cat's food was the first to be recalled - and we watched and waited cautiously to be sure they were OK and so far, they appear to be fine. Then, the dog food we buy at Costco has been recalled. The postcard arrived in the mail this week. So we had to find something else for them to eat. The Costco dog food 'changed' awhile back - the last case we bought didn't have the same 'texture' as before, which we noticed as we were putting it into their bowls. And they noticed, too, since Dani basically went on a 'food strike' for a couple days and refused to eat it. She had just started eating it again when the recall notice arrived. So we are watching her very carefully because she's had a rough year health wise and is still not 100% back yet. But she seems fine and the new food we purchased yesterday was consumed with gusto. It's like she knew something was wrong with that food.

I have REO Speedwagon on the CD player in the family room. Doors and windows open to let in the fresh Spring air, which is warm today. I am plowing through stacks of stuff on my desk while J. runs errands - Costco, picking up B., and also taking H. and his friend K. (the brother of B's friend C.) to the mall to go to the movies with a bunch of friends. The house is quiet. It is nap time but I am trying to resist. I have lots to do (which I say as I'm spending time blogging - oh well).

B.'s band practiced here yesterday afternoon. They stayed for dinner and we had a Cinco de Mayo themed meal: beef taquitos, Mexican rice and nachos. The kids had a nice time together - they are a really nice group of guys. And all I ask is that when they hit it big, they ensure we have backstage passes to every concert we attend. They are pretty talented though realistic about their chances of hitting it big.

B.'s band award banquet was Friday evening - and he left us at the table and went and sat with his friends. It was amusing - though shocking - to realize that the ONLY kids sitting with their parents were the freshman. B. sat with us last year - but this year, it was straight to the friends table. He wore a tux because immediately following the banquet, he was attending the Choir Ball with his girlfriend, S. Whom I still haven't met. The young lady who will always be remembered as my son's 'first real kiss'. I hope to meet her soon.

That's all the news for now. I have a pile of work (from work) to plow through now, so I'd best get to it. Bye for now.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...