Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bug

"Bug" is the nickname for my friend N. Her soon to be mother-in-law started calling her that when she (N.) worked for her and used to 'bug' her all the time with questions, etc. I can relate to that since Bug used to work for me. With me, but technically for me, since I was her boss. Not that she needed one. And she didn't really 'bug' me that much - she did ask a lot of questions, but she's a thinker and she likes to learn and so it didn't bother me. But the name stuck and since I make it a point to never use actual names in this blog, Bug she will be henceforth.

N. is quite possibly one of the most motivated young person I've ever met. She was a stand out college student and was quickly tapped by the President's Office to help with a big data analysis project we had undertaken. I loved her from the start - how focused she is. How dedicated. She works so hard and does so much - she is just a driven young lady.

She is working still at the college and 'filling in' both my old job and doing hers. AND she's in her last semester at St. Mary's college, which she's paying for herself - not just the semester - the whole enchilada. AND she's getting married to the wonderful M., who I don't technically know but I love him anyway 'cuz he loves her and she loves him and they're getting married and having babies someday - and that's all that matters to me. He makes her very happy - he who just graduated from the Citadel - so no slouch is he, either.

Bug reminds me what it's like to be young and enthusiastic. When everything and anything is possible. And what it's like to be in love - and so excited about marriage, family, etc.

I miss her very much. And when we get together, we just pick up where we left off and usually end up laughing our heads off. She makes me laugh so hard, my stomach muscles hurt. I love her and miss her and wish I could see her more.

Because she enjoys my blog so much (thank you!), she has started one of her own. Check it out at www.bugsbuzzings.blogspot.com.

Hugs to you, my sweet friend. I feel the exact same way about reading your blog, now. So keep writing, 'kay?

1 comment:

Bug's Buzzings said...

okay, I will keep writting...and I feel the same way about you, I love laughing with you and miss you soooo much....Thanks for the compliments....see you soon...when is breakfast??

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...