Friday, May 04, 2007

Flan

It is just after 5 (again). We have to stop meeting like this.

I am headed into my office shortly - an early morning rendezvous with items to prepare for our Board meeting next week. It is Friday and while I am gleeful about that, I will be working tomorrow, too, sadly. And possibly Sunday. Oh well. Have to do what needs to be done and it's piling up a bit at the moment.

I have invented a new breakfast treat that I call Oatmeal Flan. I didn't invent oatmeal, obviously - the Quaker Oats guy did that - but I have a 'new' way of preparing a delicious breakfast and it is my invention. Here it is:

Put two packets of Instant Oatmeal in a food storage container - with a lid. Pour boiling water over the oatmeal until it's just moist. Not too moist. I don't like to drink my oatmeal - so I add just enough water to moisten the oats. Stir a bit to get the water in. Err on the side of too little vs. too much. Once the oats are moist, sprinkle a generous amount of brown sugar on the top of the oatmeal. While it's warm. Put the lid on the container and take it to work with you.

When you're ready to eat, you will open your container and have a firm, custardy like serving of oatmeal with a yummy caramel-like sauce on it. I just eat it like that - I never add milk - and it's like a 'flan' only healthier. Very filling and gets me through early mornings like this when my stomach will be begging for more food by 10AM. I love it and have made it everyday this week.

Gotta run. The dogs are wide awake and agitated. I came downstairs about a half hour ago and they started whining - so I took them out. They peed. And I put them back in their kennel to go back to sleep - krikey, it's still early. But they want nothing to do with that - they want to be up and out. They're whining again. Oh, B. is up and just came downstairs. He left the computer on upstairs ALL NIGHT because he knew he would be needing it this morning. THAT explains the 20% increase in our electric bill. I am making him his morning mocha latte and then going to work.

See you later.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...