Saturday, October 29, 2016

A Day of Non-Activity

My cousin asked what's my day like today and I replied 'lazy'.

Though I have paid bills, transferred money to various savings account, balanced the accounts...all the usual 'pay day' stuff.  Or as I tell J. 'kept us off the brink of financial disaster for yet another month'.

The home loan did close and the small amount of 'cash out' we received (we have no idea why/how that happened - we didn't ask - something about the rate requiring a certain loan level which required us to end up with about $2,000 cash out) so I was also able to write a couple checks to charity - unexpected cash is lovely and I'm a firm believer in giving some away - the mailbox is brimming with charity requests as we approach Thanksgiving.

The mailbox is also brimming with political crap which I enjoy tossing in the recycle bin.  I've already voted so no need to read or pay attention to any of it.  J. and I spent a morning last weekend going through all the propositions on the ballot and worked through how to vote - sometimes, we negate each other's vote but we chalk that up to 'the process'.  And sometimes, when we're not sure, we're glad one votes for and one votes against - 'cuz then we've made no impact either way and we're fine with that.

I keep the TV off anything political and my husband does the complete opposite.  This is probably more fun for him that either Disneyland or Christmas.  He loves the process; he loves the debates.  I might enjoy them if it weren't for Trump.  He makes my skin crawl.

I need to try to get into the office tomorrow - I'm a nervous wreck about a lot of stuff and a day of quiet to try to work through some of it would be a good idea.  We have Halloween celebrations on Monday that will take up a lot of the morning - and I'm out of the office for sure most of the day Tuesday for the reappearance related to jury duty.  Fingers crossed there's a list of people excused and I'm on it.  My boss is freaking out about me possibly being gone for five weeks - he said 'there's no one else here who can do your job'.  I'm aware.  :-)  I said 'I'll just be here evenings, early mornings and weekends - and there's no point fretting about it until I'm officially on the jury'.  He was encouraging all sorts of things I could do to run myself off - but I'm a firm believer in 'the process' - in most things, it's better to just let things play out and see what happens.  We're still a long way from me being gone five weeks -

Spaghetti and meatballs (turkey!) for dinner - tomorrow, we're doing chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes.  Winco's 'steak cuber' is still broken - it's been a year, I think - so we'll go to Savemart to procure supplies for Sunday dinner.  Lucky H. 'cuz we have a coupon for a free dozen chocolate chip cookies from the bakery there.  He LOVES those cookies.

I'm still hopping mad at him but a guy has to eat -

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...