Sunday, October 02, 2016

Possible Snow

A lady I played slots with yesterday mentioned the forecast had snow at 6,000 feet - so I didn't linger too long this morning.  I woke up at 7 and while I would have loved to have gone back to sleep, I bolted out of bed and got the day going.  I skipped the buffet breakfast and played what I had to play. Slots were not kind this morning - bummer!

I was heading out of town shortly after 10 - gassed up the car and made a Starbucks stop and had the first sugar I've had in over a week - three petite vanilla scones were breakfast.  The temperature in Reno was 60 and sunny and just past Truckee, the temperature was 45.  I stopped in Auburn for Jim Boy tacos and then hit rain - drizzles off and on most of the way home until I hit San Joaquin county. J. says the back of my car is a mess and I'm sure it is - first rain in a while and the roads were filthy. I used my back window wiper at one point and it was just smearing mud all over the place.

J. trekked to Costco to pick up my final 'doctors order' supplement and went late enough to bring home a roasted chicken for dinner.  Along with a few bites of roasted yam, it was a delicious dinner and will likely be delicious lunch tomorrow, too.

The news reported lots of rain and huge hail in Roseville (which I drove through) as well as heavy rain in Sacramento.  And snow! on the road up to Reno.  Really glad I got an earlier start so I missed the hail.

I had a really fun weekend - played long and aggressively with their money and mine.  No life changing amounts (not that I didn't try) but lots of fun.

Happy to be home with my best beloveds and (as is typical for Sunday evenings) dreading work tomorrow.  But I'll survive.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...