Sunday, October 16, 2016

Here's the Thing

about going to 'the symphony':  (we take great pride in H. accompanying us - he got a little culture and one was of only a hand full of 'young people' in the audience).....there is always a point for me where I'm just so overwhelmed by the music...sitting there with a smile from ear to ear and then suddenly, feeling all choked up about how beautiful it is - Rhapsody in Blue was completely, wonderfully overwhelming.  The pianist is 15 years old and extraordinary - standing ovation for both pieces he performed last night.  It was an amazing evening and other than having to get after H. for being late in our departure time from home and then insisting he had to be in the car for a minute at the restaurant - he had shorts on and said he was going to change clothes - and then having to go back out after waiting many minutes to find he was on the phone.  I was so pissed.  It's Sizzler for crying out loud.  We let people go ahead of us - and I just got sick of being patient waiting for him.  It's those small, inconsiderate things that just drive me bonkers.

But other than that, it was a lovely evening -

It's raining today!  Yay!  I just took Chloe out in my PJ's and wearing flip flops and it's a little chilly.

J. is at church and will head to Costco to get 9V batteries.  We use them so seldom that what we had are no longer charged.  We need to replace all the backup batteries in the smoke detectors at some point and our bathroom scale needs a replacement as well.

I had considered popping into work for a bit today and I suppose that is still a possibility - but I'm leaning towards not.  I might treat myself to an early nap - I didn't go upstairs until midnight last night and was up at 7:30 so a little more rest would be great.  If I don't nap, though,  I'll be fine and will sleep even better tonight.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...