Saturday, October 22, 2016

Air Assault

I lunched with a friend earlier this week and she bemoaned (during a conversation about her 12 year old son) 'I sure hope he doesn't join the military'.  As that comment was a bit out of the blue, I said 'why do you think he might?  Has he mentioned it?'.  She said 'no, but his dad was military so...'.

I shared that there is a lot of joy in watching someone you love do something they are passionate about and enjoy.  I wasn't keen on B. going into the military but it turns out it suits him well and he's really having a great time.

He accomplished another goal this week - congratulations to this guy who earned his Air Assault pin yesterday!  I'm so proud of him, I could burst!




His next goal is to pass sniper training - onward, B.!   You are really becoming a bad ass and I mean that in the nicest possible way.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...