Friday, October 28, 2016

Titles

Often, the title of a new post is the hardest part - after awhile, it's just impossible to narrow down the topic to something summative.  I open the page, think a bit and then close it when a title doesn't pop into my head.

I'll keep typing today by just pointing out that challenge of attempting to chronicle daily life.

It's raining here which is awesome - I am up early today and took Chloe out.  She pooped promptly then marched herself back to her bed, burrowed under her blanket - really, deeply burrowed - and is sleeping soundly.  Wasn't interested in breakfast (very unusual) but it's just that kind of day.  I'd love to burrow back in my covers, too - but there's work to be done and I need to get to it.

I have a lot I'd like to write about it but won't (can't) yet - changes being considered that are hard to put on paper and I'm not sure I'm ready to put it all out there.  Job stuff.

Family stuff is good though I was super hard on H. this week - we got a letter from our insurance company that the other driver is claiming bodily injury from his most recent fender bender and it's scary to be in that place again.  The last person had their attorney asking about our assets, etc. - and that just scares me to death.  Makes me want to kick H. out so he's separate from us - but I won't. He's going through his usual 'tough time' about friends, etc. - girls, in particular - and he did go see his counselor yesterday which I'm glad for 'cuz he needs to talk some of this stuff through with someone who didn't give birth to him.  Or someone he doesn't live with.

B. had a moment yesterday where he was sure he was shipping out to Afghanistan.  They asked for volunteers, he opted in, they said 'ok' so he phoned J. to tell him.  J. phoned me to tell me and I had many moments of being choked up and sad - he would be leaving imminently and not coming home prior and my heart was breaking a bit.  Then, in true Army fashion, he phoned back and said 'never mind'.  The unit CO said their unit couldn't afford to give up a 'nailed down' soldier - meaning a good soldier who's got his stuff together - so they refused to give B. up for the deployment.  Mom cheered (silently).

I'm sure it's hard on B. - but both J. and I are trying to convince him to use his 'soldier in excellent standing' status to start moving up a bit - leadership skills are rare and he should use them!

So he's back to arriving for Thanksgiving the Saturday before and departing the Sunday after - can't wait to have him home.

J. is downstairs and Chloe has un-burrowed herself and appears ready to start the day - so I guess I'd better, too.



No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...