Saturday, August 01, 2015

Sanctuary

Morning is always my favorite time of day - and more so these days as I watch the blue jays enjoy the peanuts in the feeder and the hummingbirds feasting on the nectar in their feeder.  The jays scold each other as they vie for getting to the tray of peanuts.  I think I need to look for another peanut feeder that has a sturdier, larger 'landing zone' - though it doesn't stop them, the current 'tray' is pretty small for them and it swings madly.  It's fun to watch them.  They've also been hopping along the fence by our office window and we stare at each other through the window briefly.  I love having the family of jays 'living' here...and am happy to help ensure they are well fed and happy.

A bunch of our new plants are already blooming, too - so we have butterflies and hummingbirds enjoying the flowers, too...it's a neat sight to see.

I had a really fun evening in Jackson on Thursday - started out boring and sort of 'why do I do this' but then I won $300 in free play and things greatly improved from there.  Turned $100 of the freeplay into $1000 and came home well ahead.  Yes, it's a lot more fun if/when you win.

I will be working a bit this weekend - not enough to count as 'days' but enough to get control over my desk; sketch out a lot of 'what's next' in the year-end process and get caught up on a lot of reading.  J. is going to head down to Tulare and spend the night at his brother's house and they will play golf down there on Monday.

H. is not moving to Houston, we think - it's just not going to work out.  His friend is about to move out on his own so H. doesn't feel 'ok' about moving in with the dad - he is mainly admitting that he wants to spend time with his friend vs. any strong feelings of 'Houston is where it's at'.  (Good thing 'cuz Houston is the hottest, most humid place on the planet - well, not really but it's hot and sticky a lot there).

So we nudge him to try to get him to commit to a certificate program of some kind - a training program to provide skills that make him hire-able in industries that hire full time with benefits vs. the jobs he's had.  He's on week three with no hours from the supermarket restocking job - and I (personally) think he's essentially been 'fired' but they just don't tell him that.  They allude to future hours and then those don't happen.  Over and over.

I've got a shopping list that will require a semi-fast quick to Target.  Maybe groceries too...really want to get back to planning meals and buying what we need weekly.  (Lately, I make lists and J. shops - but then I forget what we have so I never remember what to suggest for dinners).

Time for the weekend to commence.  Bills paid. Breakfast consumed (thanks to hubby for fixing it). Shower, get dressed and get out and going.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...