Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Home Is

B. arrived home!  The hug is always stellar but it's starting to be surpassed by the immediate JOY! Chloe exhibits.  I spent Saturday morning piddling around and kept saying to her 'B. is coming home!'.  She went completely bonkers when he arrived - with a smile so wide!  Doggy smiles are the best thing ever - well...next to the hug.  The hug was stellar.

Sadly, he confirmed pretty early in his stay that he won't be home for Christmas this year.  His unit is going out on maneuvers in January so there is no leave or closure days for Christmas.  Hopefully, he'll get some leave time in November.  Sure hope so.

So we're going to have a really nice Sunday dinner this weekend - surf & turf!  I splurged (only because there was a 55% off sale) and ordered six fresh Maine lobster tails to go with prime rib! We'll celebrate him being home!

He announced (also pretty quickly into his visit) that the new couch is not good.  He said 'this is my dislike face' with a huge frown.  But he's adapting 'cuz he was actually horizontal on it when I got home this evening post board meeting.

There were fires in Lake County that blew smoke into our area.  I ordered a refill of my inhaler on Saturday - mainly 'cuz I was tidying up and found the box and said 'hey, there's a refill'...so I ordered it.  The recording said I could pick it up after noon the next day.  I hung up the phone and within a minute, it rang again and it was the pharmacy saying the prescription was filled and ready to be picked up.  I guess the poor air quality has everyone on high alert.

I thought I was doing OK post Saturday's sore throat and headache - but I walked into the freshly mopped bathroom at work today and couldn't breathe.  I could not inhale without coughing - something about the cleaner on the damp floors was really triggering my throat reaction.  I didn't have the inhaler with me and had a slight moment of panic - but put toilet paper over my nose and mouth and was fine as soon as I stepped out into the fresh air.  Whew!  Scary.

H. is officially attending college (again) and he (so far) is loving it!!  It's still early but he seems excited - so that's neat to watch.  Hoping he retains that motivation and love of learning....fingers crossed.

Tomorrow is the last day I have this week with no meetings - Thursday and Friday are booked and include traveling to meetings.  I will work this weekend for sure!

It's after 9 and I really need to get to bed.  I can barely get up in the mornings and I am trying to go in early.  Trying.  Always trying.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...