Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Not Looking

You know we're in for a wild ride when your financial planner sends an email (unprompted by any questions from us directly) reminding us that our portfolios are balanced to withstand this kind of market craziness.

I can't help noticing 'cuz I downloaded our Quicken file as I do every couple of days and yowza! the change to our bottom line is hard not to notice.

I trudge off to work dutifully...and just a little grateful that I am still working 'just in case'.

Meetings today and tomorrow that are keeping me from year-end stuff so I feel untethered and stressed.  I know it will get done - it has to get done - but I'm leaving for work shortly (1/2 hour later than I planned but oh well) and it's just 6:30AM here.  10+ hour days are getting old and so are weekends full of work...but soon, I'll be back to normal.  I hope.

I look forward to coming home to a clean house!!  B. did a fish fry again last night (for just him, apparently, 'cuz our menu for the evening was leftovers) and the kitchen was such a wreck...and now smells like fish.

Adios, amigos.  Vamos a trabajo.  (Practicing for Cancun!).

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...