Saturday, August 29, 2015

Lazy Saturday

I slept in past 8AM this morning and here it is approaching noon and I feel like I could easily sleep another 9 hours.  I'm not at work yet (and I should be) so now I'm rationalizing how I could still go in a bit today and then work in the morning tomorrow.  We have a birthday party with friends tonight - otherwise, I'd just be planning to work into the evening.

I am so social-commitment phobic...a rare invite for an evening out, meeting new people and hanging out with adults - but I'm wishing we weren't going.  I know it will be fun...but so would a quiet evening at home.

It will be fine.  We will go, have fun....

B. just made one of his famous breakfast burritos and (ingenious and frugal!) he used leftover scalloped potatoes in them - delicious!!  He 'crisps' up the burrito and it's so yummy!

Mailing off the check for Cancun this morning - all that's left to pay for is the cash we take with us and the (hopefully minimal) credit card bills when we get home.  We do tend to just use cash and our eating out one meal a day usually keeps us pretty on track.  I can't wait for being beach lazy - heading to the chaise lounge around 10AM, lunch on the beach noonish and then back to our condo in time to shower and change for dinner.  Day after day after day...nine nights total!!

Alright - I am showering and heading out.  H. needs to shop for school supplies sometime this weekend - he needs to find a binder that will fit in his backpack and also get a couple spiral notebooks, a new scientific calculator, and a bouquet of sharpened pencils.  (Guess the movie!)  I love shopping for school supplies so would sure like to wedge in taking him - tomorrow evening is a Jackson event so I will be heading up around 2:30ish tomorrow until late in the evening.  Fingers crossed it's another fun night.

Busy weekend makes me even more grateful for a quiet, lazy Saturday morning with my peeps.  And Chloe.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...