Saturday, August 15, 2015

Things I Should Be Doing Yet....

I'd rather spend time enjoying the butterflies, hummingbirds and assorted birds fluttering around the backyard.  So fun to watch the creatures our new plants and feeders are attracting and I'd love to just sit here all day.  I just might.

I awoke with a major headache - the kind where eating feels like a scary thought.  J. keeps gently nudging 'take something'...but it's been a long time since I've had a headache of this magnitude and I have no idea where the 'stuff' I need to take is.  Better get to finding it though or it's going to be a day of me ending up curled up in bed or sitting near the toilet.  I don't get migraines often these days which is lovely....and one of the reasons I think I don't get them is 'cuz I nip any possible headache in the bud with Tylenol.  This one is not going to respond to Tylenol.  I can tell.

B. arrives home this afternoon!!  It feels a little like preparing for a typhoon to be upon us any minute.  All his boundless energy and the joy he has at looking forward to three full weeks of no work and time with family and friends.  I'm excited too - love having him home - but my energy is a little less amped up since I will be trudging through work days that are long...and getting longer.

H. is officially enrolled and starts classes at Los Medanos College on Monday.  He is shopping for a new laptop tomorrow - Costco has good deals and we've had really good luck with the HP's and Dell's we've purchased from there over the years.

J. and I are sketching out calendars for the upcoming month - we have a ton of 'stuff' happening in late August and September that have weekends committed - sort of feels strange to have a 'social life'. Birthday party for a friend, family wedding in Sacramento, trip to Phoenix wedged in as well.  Busy month ahead and then we can look forward to the great unwinding in Cancun in October!

I sort of regret booking that trip 'cuz I'm in the mood to head to Paris again and would have rather gone there in October (sort of).  But how lucky are we to have options like that?  And I will adore the time at the beach....absolutely my ultimate wind-down, restful vacation without a doubt.

OK - just took some generic Excedrin that I scrounged out of the cabinet - so hope that helps the headache abate.  Time to get dressed - I've got a couple errands to run and may go ahead and stop into work for a bit.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...