Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Heat

It's hot here.  So hot.  It starts out mild but by mid-afternoon, the walks to the restroom are just stifling.

Survived my first day back - plowed through my in box; voicemails; emails; signing stuff.  And started on year-end which made me feel really accomplished until everything I touched became a 'oh, and then there's this and that and this and more of that' - stickies all over the place and a to-do list growing.

My boss said via email cheerily around 9AM 'I'll be over shortly to say hi in person and we can catch up'...and 4PM is when he finally made his way over.  We did catch up and laughed ourselves silly over some things that went on during my absence...and laughed even harder when he said 'I think I said I'd be over sometime this morning and here I am hours and hours later'.

I soaked my toes after dinner and the warm water felt SO GOOD - they were pretty sore after a day in shoes.  I figured out how to add more padding so will do that today and will probably also take off my shoes when I'm just sitting at my desk.

Tonight, I'm heading to Livermore to have dinner with my dear friend J. at Simply Fondue so all day today, I will be dreaming of melted cheese, melted chocolate and blackberry lemon drop martinis.  :-) Makes me happy just thinking about it - and then you throw in time with one of the sweetest people on the planet and Holy Cow! - it's going to be such a nice evening.

I gave my team my schedule this week and one of them chuckled and said 'welcome back 'cuz you're out of the office this week' - pretty much!  Interview committee this afternoon, an all day admin retreat tomorrow (we are retreating to the board room - but oh well - it's still going to be fun); leaving early Thursday to attend an event that day in a place that requires driving; and a CBO meeting Friday morning. Yikes! That's a lot of 'away' time.

OK - time to get moving.  I need to get up even earlier to give myself 'toe time'.....getting them bandaged up and ready for the day adds about 10 minutes to my routine.  I'll be glad when they are healed and won't require all the special attention....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...