Sunday, July 12, 2015

It's Another Sunday

It's 5:12PM and I will shyly admit that I'm still in my PJ's.  And it's not that I haven't been doing stuff - it's just the stuff I'm doing is dirty, messy stuff so I figured why get showered and dressed only to get completely gross?

Cleaning the oven and yard work.  Not continuously but enough.  My rings are off my fingers and I will need to do a repaint on my manicure when the oven is done - if it's ever done.  It's coming clean beautifully but it takes so much time to wipe and rewipe to ensure all the cleaning spray is off every surface.  Grrr.  I always forget what a PITA this job is.  Our oven is technically 'self-cleaning' but the self-cleaning mode gets the oven so incredibly hot, I just avoid using it - especially in the summer.

We are making plans for H.'s move to Houston.  He has a CT scan planned and it should be scheduled in the next couple weeks - then another appointment with the oncologist the first week of August. H. has lost some weight (worrisome) but his blood work was fine - so assuming the scan doesn't show any changes, he will be good to go.  The M.D. Anderson Cancer Center is in Houston so it's a great city to move to if you are a cancer patient.  We will find a doctor (hopefully one who specializes in Hodgink's) and our oncologist will make the referral so H. can have a primary oncologist in Houston when he gets there.

I keep reminding him how important it will be to keep up with scans, blood work, follow-up appointments.  For a kid who struggles to make himself food when he's hungry, I have concerns about his looming independence, but oh well.  It's time for him to fly.

J. and I are looking forward to trying out boxed wine (ready whenever you want a little wine) 'cuz we don't buy it now for fear it will be gone when we want some.  Same story for good bottled wine which we enjoy so much but can't afford to have around lest bottle after bottle make it's way to a party somewhere.  Or sometimes the party is here in our absence.

The garden plants we purchased from High Country Gardens are doing so beautifully and are holding up really well with the limited water we are able to provide.  Our shower water is working - but it's still a scant amount compared to what they need.  Once they get settled in their pot or in the garden, they seem to do absolutely fine with little water - it's just giving them enough to get them going.

Work is sort of quiet at the moment - many folks on vacation which is sort of nice.  I've been cleaning out files like crazy and tomorrow, we will work on the storage room.  The annual shred event will have tons of shred from the stuff in my office - been here almost nine years and am finally getting rid of stuff I've kept 'cuz I wasn't sure I'd need it - and now I know I don't.

I work Monday through Thursday this week and then (fingers crossed), I'm off until 7/27!  No plans other than piddling around the house - and one trip to Jackson, most likely.  Once that break is over, 'year-end madness' will officially ensue and it will be non-stop for the month of August.  And then same for September.  Cancun in October the dangling carrot that will hopefully make it all worth it. The grip to Prescott in September will also be fun - and B. is going to go with us!!  He will take a shuttle from Prescott to the airport and fly home from Phoenix the Sunday before the holiday - he's excited to see the Grand Canyon (as am I) and seemed happy to come with us -

Time to work on the oven some more and then J. will fix orange chicken for dinner.  OH - we tried a new (to me and J.) Mexican restaurant last night and it was FANTASTIC!  H. has been going there for years and raves about it - so we got take out and it was super great!  Can't wait to go again and it may be a weekly thing.




No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...