Sunday, November 30, 2014

Rainy Sunday

Steady rain most of the day and we're not complaining a bit!  So happy to see steady water dropping from the sky.  Chloe is less than thrilled and kudos to my hubby who got an umbrella out to take her outside.  She's sheltered so she won't just sit around whining to go out and then not go out when she realizes it's pretty darn wet.

It's been a nice, productive yet 'feeling lazy' day - tackled the study and realized that a lot of the 'stuff' in the room related to Christmas - so set out to wrap (done!) and get things ready to ship (also done!). Two big things off the list of things to do - and while there's still plenty of wrapping to do, it's nice to have the out-of-state items ready to ship on December 1st - thus ensuring their timely arrival.

My friend and I cancelled brunch yesterday due to weather - driving from her house in San Ramon and mine here to meet 1/2 way lost it's allure when the storm was clearly settling in.  We have rescheduled for early January - realizing that trying for a weekend between now and New Years is a likely recipe for failure.

I got a hair cut yesterday and love my new stylist.  She's sweet and spunky. Got an idea from her and another stylist to use a boar bristle brush for my hair and brush it liberally every day.  I realized that when I went back to short hair, I stopped using a 'sturdy' brush and started using combs or just plastic bristle.  So back to a real brush which may stimulate my scalp and help with the hair loss.  I know already that it's adding 'lift' and body that wasn't there before and the part line (I don't really wear a part but you know what I mean - those part lines that appear anyway) looks a little less wide.  Maybe my imagination, but I'll take it.

H. came downstairs hours ago (late morning, I think) for a Tums and some water.  He went back to bed and we haven't heard from him since.  J.'s checked on him and he's just tired.  It's almost 4PM.

I worry.  I will always worry.

We made the spinach dip we never got around to making on Thursday.  I'll take some of it for lunch tomorrow.

Tomorrow also starts our annual Secret Santa and I shopped for that a bit yesterday.  Was considering not going to Target after the hair cut but then miraculously, a parking space opened up right in the front of the store and it was too good to pass up.  Bought a few little things for home (new scrub brushes for H. to use on the floor that have easier 'grips' for him) and also got a few little things for the Santa effort. This year, we have three weeks between the start and the reveal and considering we're supposed to not spend more than $15, it's hard to figure out what to do over that period of time.

It's also hard 'cuz I don't know my person well - and it's hard to feel interested in surprising someone you barely know.

This week will be very, very busy.  Audit to finalize and board items to get ready.  The week will fly by which is good 'cuz like the students, I already feel it will be a long three weeks until Winter Break. Can't wait for B. to be home.



No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...