Thursday, November 20, 2014

Queens

I hoped to bake the Queen of Croissants for work this morning - we're having a quick staff meeting to draw names for our annual Secret Santa gift exchange.  Unfortunately, even with the proof box keeping things at a relative constant warm temp, most of them did not rise well.  I think we can still bake a few for my office but the other buildings may be out of luck.  We used the temp we used when the house was much warmer and the cold winter air now requires a higher setting.  Duh.  Should have thought of that.

Yesterday, I bolted out of bed upon realizing that it was 6:45 (!!!!) - a full two hours past my alarm. Hubby was brewing my coffee and was relieved to see me downstairs 'cuz he wasn't sure if he should wake me up or not.  I rushed to get to my 8:30 meeting (which was actually at 8:45 - we would all know that if we'd received an agenda in advance but that doesn't happen anymore, apparently).  Sure made the day go uber fast.

Still plowing through the huge report and hoping to be more 'done' than not by end of day tomorrow.  I was planning to be off all week but am now probably going in on Tuesday - it will be quiet and I will get a lot done.  Then it's sliding into holiday mode with pie baking on Wednesday's agenda.

My cousin and I are two ships passing in the night and I feel sort of sad at times that we don't 'see' each other on FB much.  The damn time change makes her morning time be 3AM my time and no, I just can't do it.  Her evenings are more hectic than mine - so I hesitate to chat in the evenings.....I miss her.

Hopefully, we can catch up next week when we're off work -

We've had a bit of rain the past couple days - such welcome weather that we can't complain.  It's cold (for here) and we are all wearing our coats in our office - even with the heat on.  Portables on slabs do not retain heat and we are entering the period of constant cold that we face every year.  I doubt I will work in this district when we finally have a real building - but it would sure be lovely to not have my feet freezing from November through January.  It's hard to concentrate when your feet are like blocks of ice.

That's it - I've got to get moving.  Hair to dry and style; lunch to pack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uggs for Christmas?

- J

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...