Thursday, November 13, 2014

Raining

It's raining, which I'm sure was forecasted somewhere but caught me completely by surprise.  It's a good motivator for Chloe who got her businesses done in record time.

I slept in accidentally 'cuz it was just so warm and toasty under the covers, I couldn't bring myself to throw them back and move.  Though that method might be my new one 'cuz it works.  Just fling all the covers off in one swoop and jump out of bed.  Like jumping into the swimming pool only a little less gaspy.

The twelve hour day yesterday was productive and busy - a full stack of things awaiting my return.  I plowed through one thing after another all day and noticed the day seemed to be creeping by.  I'd feel like hours had passed and yet it would be only barely one hour.  A Wednesday that felt like a Monday was hard to take.  Disorienting, even.  But I made it through.

I just ordered a perfect gift for my boys for Christmas that I saw posted by a friend on Facebook.  It's silly, really, but will make a nice stocking stuffer.

Tonight, J. and I will (hopefully) finish putting the study closet back together.  It's a work in progress. Not much work happened on it yesterday but oh well.  It will get done.

As will cleaning my desk 'cuz it's a wreck.

I caught up on my DVR of shows we missed last week including last week's scandal and now I can't wait for tonight's episode.

An observations:  a 'plus size' model who is a size 10 is in the news and I just have to throw this out there: since when is size 10 considered plus size?  Seriously?  I was a size 10 when I had my kids and no one who knew me then would have considered me even remotely plus size.  So what does that make me now?  Is there a Plus Plus (and possibly add another) Plus size that I don't know about?  Really? The young lady is beautiful but we are all warped if we call her figure a Plus size model.  It's totally wrong and I'm not just saying that 'cuz of my size - I'm saying it 'cuz there are zillions of young girls out there who were perfectly beautiful size 10's or 12's who now think they are huge and need to do something about it.

A friend at work was down a bit this past week 'cuz she's decided that her legs are 'huge'.  This woman works out every single day for hours.  She eats strictly Paleo - not an ounce of sugar or carbs ever cross her lips.  She's my age - but she's trying to look like she's in her 20's - and it's not possible.  Only she insists it is.

When it gets really bad, we entice her with dark chocolate 'cuz a girl's got to have a treat now and then.

Off to the trenches.  I am placing myself in secure lock-down mode for most of the day 'cuz my big report is looming and I still have major things to take care of in order to be where I need to be by December.  Our December board meeting is early (the 9th) so I have to get moving!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...