Friday, November 28, 2014

Post Turkey Madness

Yesterday was full of food and exhaustion.  Not related to each other.  Thanks to J. for huge pitching in to get food to the table 'cuz I had no oomph.  Tired to my core yesterday and the two 'test' bowls of stuffing I ate around noon didn't do much to help lift my sleepiness.  I awoke just before 8 with a start -in the middle of a strange dream that I now can't remember to save my soul but felt haunted by most of yesterday.  I dislike dreams like that.

Did a little cyber shopping including ordering a case of wine from V. Sattui.  My favorite - Gamay Rouge!  I thought we still had plenty of wine around but turns out we have been using it little by little. And hubby has been letting H. take bottles of our cheaper varieties to the occasional party.  Which is fine.  Can't wait for that wine to arrive - I think I've reached the point in my life and career where a glass of wine a night might be required.  Maybe two.

Five to seven (more) years feels like a prison sentence lately.

I'm wearing a bright yellow hooded sweatshirt that I bought for being a Minion at Halloween.  J. calls me his "Tweety".  It's warm and that's what matters.  And I paid for it and might as well get some use out of it.  Though I feel a bit like someone who picks up trash along the freeway.

Our Thanksgiving was fun and H. got a kick out of the butter turkey also adorning our table.  He posted 'Guess one turkey wasn't festive enough' with a picture of the molded butter.  It was fun and I can't wait to see what mold they have for Christmas.  J. and I used the leftover fresh whipped cream in our coffee this morning and it was delicious!  And the pies we got at The Fruit Bowl (pumpkin and boysenberry) are also delicious.  It was a nice meal.

H. busily scrubbed a pretty good section  of tile in the family room - using Clorox Cleanup and a scrub brush.  Pretty desperate to earn some money but hey!  I'm willing to pay for tile floors that look like new. Here's hoping he keeps the momentum up.

I went into the office for a few hours today 'cuz it was easier than trying to arrange things here to work at home.  Got the auditors the info they needed to finalize our report and finalized my big report.  Will start sketching out the board presentation and other backup this weekend in preparation for a busy week.

I had dinner with a friend on Monday evening and will have breakfast with another friend tomorrow. Fun to catch up.  Also a haircut tomorrow - which was actually scheduled for 10:30 AM this morning but I rescheduled when the thought of going anywhere near the mall on Black Friday hit me with a 'heck no!' late yesterday.

It's time for holiday madness to ensue.  Encouraging my husband to strike while the iron is hot and enlist H.'s help (for compensation, of course - just a little extra) in getting things down from the rafters and start putting up decorations.

It will be like Thanksgiving.  I will envision the 'perfect' holiday - plenty of time and energy and magicalness.  Me, in the kitchen happily chopping, stirring, simmering....glass of wine nearby.  Only what will probably happen is it will be frantic, busy, crazy and...still magical.  It always is.

Three weeks of work before the break.  Should have ordered two cases of wine, perhaps.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...