Thursday, November 06, 2014

Kitchen Sink

We started our preparation for our trip to Phoenix by inventing "Everything But the Kitchen Sink" salad for dinner.  Leftover bits of salami, pepperoni, chicken breasts we marinated in the leftover pesto from dinner the night before, various cheeses, romaine lettuce fresh from the farm (thanks to coworker who brings fresh produce most weeks and shares) and homemade Caesar dressing.  It was yummy!

This morning, we followed with EBtKS smoothies - the last yogurt, two bananas that would not survive the next four days, all the cut watermelon left in the fridge blended with the last almond milk. SCORE!  We did it!  Lived off the land this week AND cleaned out the fridge!

One less thing for someone to do if.....why does my mind always go there when we're flying anywhere?  Why?

Now it's time to shower, quickly pack - we are only taking two suitcases for three people and while that sounds completely do-able, I have a feeling it's going to be a free-for-all of 'my stuff' vs. 'your stuff'. We'll manage.  I've sketched out the leanest of wardrobes for the trip and while I'd like to take multiple outfit changes, I won't.  Jeans on most days with a nicer outfit for the actual party.  Nothing fancy - just cute pants that I love and don't wear too often 'cuz they are a little 'fancy-ish'.

Travel always results in many 'arghs' and 'grrrs'.....just the little things that you fret about as you pack your life away for a few days of fun.  The neighbors have graciously agreed to watch our front porch for packages 'cuz we ordered some things not considering the timing of our departure.  They are very nice and I will bring them something Arizona-ish as a thank you.  So help me think of what that should be?  Heat in a bottle?  Rocks?

I got work wrapped up in record time - and while there is always much to do and I'm leaving much undone for now, it will keep.  I'm still connected and available and the place will survive without me.

Chloe reluctantly went to the puppy spa - J. said she hid behind his leg.  It makes me worry that she's not OK but when we see pictures of her, she's absolutely fine - she just prefers to be home like we do.

Time to get showered and dressed.  Long drive to SFO ahead.  At least we're not traveling overseas.  No packing for long stretches of amusing ourselves; no need to pack snacks.  Just get there and get to the hotel and then enjoy one event after another after another.

Phoenix, here we come.  

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...