Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Surviving Survivor

It's the season finale and let me just say I think I'm getting tired of the show.  No particular reason why - it's just the same stuff over and over and over?  Maybe it's season after season of people conniving, lying, over-committing, under delivering and in the end, groveling for the money.  Tonight's groveling is really putting me over the edge.

I've watched three episodes of Scandal and can't wait to have free time (ha ha) to watch more.

Work is zooming by and progress is being made on budget, etc. .  I'm managing to wedge in some meetings while exiting out of others.  If my presence isn't mandatory, I'm not there. My boss attends a lot of meetings I attend and he's been fine with representing Business in my absence and I'm letting him 'cuz I have a lot to do right now.

B. is coming home on June 27th and is home for just over two weeks!  Ticket purchased and he's very excited.  So are we!

H. turns 21 on Sunday and try as I might, I can't get him to commit to what he wants to do to celebrate.  I know what he'd really like is a wad of cash to spend with his friends on shooting range; beer; etc. .  We are hoping to take him out for dinner and to buy him his first restaurant ordered legal drink.  It's a right of passage, right?

H. is feeling good and even though this 3rd round was supposed to kick his arse, it hasn't.  He seems absolutely fine again/still.  I know that's good - but I was expecting some 'sign' that his system was really 'responding' to the chemo.  It's killing bad cells AND good cells so you'd think at some point, he wouldn't feel all that great?  And I worry that he is feeling good - like it's not working or something?

I'm a mom therefore I worry.  It's what I do.  I can't help it.  The only good thing I can say about that is my 50+ self doesn't turn that worry into a crazy-making, constantly fretful person.  It is what it is and no amount of worrying is going to change it.

Give it up to God.  That's my plan.  And I'm sticking to it.

All day, I think of things to write here - to remember.  To get out of my system.  And then tonight comes and I end up with not a lot of anything.  More soon.

I don't think either of them should get the $1.0 million.  I don't like them.  I think they should allow write-in votes at tribal counsel and let the jury really decide who wins the game. Forget winning challenges.  Just play the game through the 40 days and let them all vote. Start there and then the real Survivor can start.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...