Thursday, May 01, 2014

Scandal

Started my day with guilty pleasure - watched an episode of Scandal!  A treat to myself.  It's still pretty darn early and now I commence with getting ready for work and will be at my desk very early.  Driving to the wonderful town of Linden today for a C B O meeting.  Toying with the idea of not going 'cuz I should prioritize my time and there's not much on the agenda.

But I remind myself that the folks who attend these meetings are some of my closest friends. They are who I call when I need advice or just someone to listen.  A small, select group of people who know exactly what having my job is like.  And that's a group you want to spend as much time with as you can, even when you are very swamped and feel like you should stay in your office with your calculator the entire day.

H. has his 2nd round of chemo this morning.  I'm not going to go - we think he will see the doctor briefly before the infusion starts but not long enough to warrant me spending 45 minutes each way to get there and back.  He will pass the time watching the TV in his cubicle while J. drives to the hospital to meet with the billing department and hopefully get a credit for the $3800-ish we overpaid them.

Work is going OK but the days fly by and pass without much happening re: building the budget.  I've got everyone in my department on board for a mad dash in late May/early June 'cuz that's what will end up happening.  The Governor won't issue his May Revise until later this month so until all that is 'known', we won't know our final revenue estimates for next year...which always makes it a crazy mad dash.

I'm planning to work this weekend and I'm actually looking forward to it - not the being away from home part but the being in the office alone part.  No interruptions.  Quiet and time to plow through things.

Me time is officially over.  Scandal is crazy good and I can't wait to watch the next episode...maybe tomorrow morning.  Same time....same Netflix.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...