Friday, May 09, 2014

Argh!

Just lost a drafted post when the palm of my hand hit the wrong 'pad' on my laptop....so I will have to just say 'Happy Friday!' and that will be it for now.  Must get to work.  County meeting this morning to find out health care rates for next year.  That should be fun.  

All is well here...H. sailed through his 2nd round of chemo like a champ.  His strength and positivity is impressive.  He's come by my office a few times this week and got to see the mom of one of his friends when she came over to give me huge hugs (hasn't seen me since H.'s exciting week in ICU)...she was so happy to see him and kept saying 'you look great!'.  

'Cuz he does.  No outward sign at all that anything is amiss - unless his shirt sleeve is up enough to see the PICC line cover and/or the dangling lumens.  (I think that's what they're called.  I call them dongles but that's probably not the best term to use).

More later.  Weekend approaching which is just two days of work for me but it's two days of quiet, no-interruptions work for me and that sounds lovely.  Week 2 of my return to reality was a 'normal' week and I've been in tons of meetings.  

So much to do.  So little time.  Makes me look forward to the quiet of weekends to just plow through the details known as building the budget.  Oh - and board prep next week, too.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...