Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Zoo

Re-watched (for the 4th time, I think) the most recent episode of Newsroom last night - entranced by the dialogue.  Found myself totally smiling at a scene that resonated in my life at the moment. Mesmerized by the crafting of the words and the brilliance of the flow of the scene.  I know you haven't seen it - but these are the things that brought a (much needed) smile to my face and giggle to my lips.

"....the unhappiest guy in the building is in charge of morale.  We have gone to the ZOO!"

"Yes, but on the bright side...."

"There is no bright side, Father Flanagan!  Don't finish that sentence!"

Between Charlie (the President of the news division) and Will (the anchor).....Will is the guy who appointed himself in charge of morale.  

I particularly find glee in the 'there is no bright side, Father Flanagan'.  Wow...ain't that the truth.

J. and I both re-watch the episodes over and over and I always find something new that I didn't pick up on the first (second, third) time through.  It's fun to get lost in the characters - to root for them and care about them.  And it's even more fun when suddenly, after a(nother) really long day, you hear words that just make you giggle.  And smile.  'Cuz ain't that life sometimes?

Yes, truly.  It is.

There is a bright side for me 'cuz today is my Friday - and I am officially off for ten days.

I am giddy.  Feel slightly guilty at the pile of stuff I am leaving 'undone' at this point but I will never have a time when things are ever completely 'done'.  If I keep waiting for that moment to take some time off, I will be dead.  It's that simple.

I just have to step away.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...