Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Boots

Morning!  Happy Tuesday!

In an effort to put a more positive spin on things, I will not get snippy about the giant pair of black work boots left in the middle of the family room floor last night.

And you know why I won't get snippy?

'Cuz they were on the feet of Son #2 who went to work yesterday!!  Yep!  H. got a job at a produce plant here in town.  He got called yesterday (there is a story about that call but I will not say anything except it's a miracle H. got the job given the call was disconnected and he had to call back and track down the person who phoned him) and started yesterday afternoon at 3PM!  Until 12:30AM this morning.

I'm sure he is wiped out - it's hard work on a production line - but it's a job.  They were very interested in his previous warehouse and forklift driving experience - so hopefully after he works 'the line' for a bit, they will move him to equipment.  Trying to encourage him to work hard and stay positive 'cuz this is the new norm - you've got to start at the bottom and work your way up.

Here's hoping he makes the cut.  I'm sure they weed out a lot of people 'cuz this place holds open houses twice a week and hires everyone who attends, from what we've heard.

And another positive twist:  I am going to be off beginning this Friday until Monday, 9/23.  I am missing a zillion meetings that I usually schedule around - but what the heck!  I need a break and meetings can be missed.  So I'm gonna!

It's 6:15AM and I am just heading to the shower 'cuz I am NOT going in at the crack of dawn this week.  Board meeting tonight which makes for an incredibly long day just going in at a more 'normal' time...

I am excited about a break.  I really need a break.  A stay-cation will do wonders for my psyche, I hope.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...