Sunday, September 22, 2013

Almost Over

With some trepidation, I found the 'to do' list I made at the start of my stay-cation.  I've been more off than on and haven't really done much - either work related or here at home.  I was relieved to see that I had made progress on some small things I listed at the start of the break - so I wasn't a complete and total slug.  Though I did sleep in until close to 9 most mornings.

Tomorrow is going to be very hard.  Waking up very early is going to be unbearably hard.

Clearly, work is causing stress 'cuz this evening, my stomach tightened up and started misbehaving. It's had it's share of 'issues' this week - but I attributed that to eating really badly - we ate out a lot this week - and I don't drink enough water when I'm here at home.  But this evening, the pain and issues are back in full force - and since that hasn't happened the entire time I was off, I am positive it is stress related.  I hate that.  I've always felt 'stuff' in my stomach and even at 53, it still gets to me.  I haven't had stress-related stomach stuff in decades - but here it is.

I dread work.  OK - I said it.  I dread it.  I want to stay home all day and just be home.  I don't want to 'have to' work.  And no amount of fretting and stressing about that won't change the facts - I am too young to retire.

If the Great Recession (is that what we're calling it?) hadn't happened, I think there would have been a chance that I could be retiring sooner than I will now.  It's just the nature of what happened - and we are certainly not alone in that event altering our plans.

It did happen - and we are still in recovery mode - and financially, I can't not work.  Not yet.  I wish I could 'cuz this week has been a taste of enjoying plenty of rest and fun and just hanging here with J. . What's not to love about that?

For now, it's back to the grindstone.  Trying to put a positive spin on things as I trudge off in the morning.

I found another job that I could apply for - with a hellish commute.  It turns out that district is in more turmoil and upheaval than mine - so why move to that?  Best to stay where I am - enjoying the thrill of a very short commute.  One that enables me to get to/from quickly.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...