Monday, September 16, 2013

Cirque

A new Cirque de Soleil show is coming to San Francisco in November - Amaluna.

Did I ever tell you that J. and I went to one of the very first Cirque de Soleil shows ever?  Like Amaluna, it was in a tent in a parking lot.  I was pregnant with B. at the time.  The show was wild and crazy - and it 'hooked us' right away.  I wasn't feeling particularly well at that point - and remember not really wanting to go.  But it was worth the trek.  You could feel it was the start of something big.  Who could have known 23+ years later, their shows would be a staple of a visit to Vegas and watched for all over the country?  Still so many we haven't seen and look forward to seeing.  

I scored Goldstar discounted tickets to a performance of Amaluna the Tuesday evening of Thanksgiving week.  My cooking confidence must be increasing 'cuz I'm not the least bit worried about wedging in a trip to the city midst all the shopping, chopping and prepping that goes into that week.  It's also a good excuse to take M-T of that week off - so yeah!  And I'm even thinking of making homemade pie this year, including a from-scratch crust.  I can do it!

J. took my car to Costco for new tires.  It's over five years old and while the 46,000 miles on the car haven't worn the tread much, the sides of the tires look pretty worn.  Since I drive on the freeway a bit for meetings, better safe than sorry - so we're procuring four new tires today.  Waited for the coupon.  Yeah for Costco coupons!

Tonight, we see REO Speedwagon at The Gallo Center for the Arts in Modesto.  When I shared that at work last week, a bunch of people spontaneously broke into 'Can't Fight This Feeling' - including one person who used her cell phone as a 'lighter' and waved a bright light.  I quickly loaded a flashlight app on my cell phone, too!  Looking forward to a fun evening and wine in our sippy cups!  Or maybe a Heineken.  Equally delicious.  We're having dinner somewhere, too....

I turned off the 'chime' on my phone so I won't hear every single email hit my In Box.  It still 'buzzes' softly but it's easier to ignore the buzz vs. a chime.  Psych!

I am getting pretty good at going back to sleep at 4:30 for another few hours - except the few hours is filled with the most bizarre dreams....some I remember.  Some I remember just enough to feel 'uneasy' for a bit.  Odd.

Last night's season finale of The Newsroom was absolutely perfect.  Not often that television can bring me to tears - but it was a perfect ending to a great season and my only complaint is it's the shortest season ever!  10 episodes.....wishing HBO would produce double that.  It's just so, so good.

Off to get dressed and work on my list of stuff to do whilst on vacation.

Lists never end.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...