Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Departures

H.'s friend heads back to Houston tomorrow.  Today, the 'boys' are going to the Sacramento Zoo for the day.  I'm glad they're getting out for a last day of fun.  I think H. will be very sad when his friend heads home - we will just have to suggest a visit again soon.  We don't know if/when his friend is planning to enlist (Air Force) so that will definitely be a factor.  Maybe we can try to surprise H. with a ticket to Houston for Christmas.

Oh wait.  He's getting a bologna sandwich 'cuz he's playing with his 'big' present right now.

That's right.  He got up at 4AM this morning - and is playing video games in the family room.

I am heading into work momentarily loaded up with all kinds of stuff.  Another birthday celebration this morning....it's sort of nice that we have a birthday in August, September, and October - and then another in late December (that we will likely celebrate when we get back from Winter Break).  Gets 'em all done sort of 'in a row'.

I made Brown Sugar Oatmeal cookies 'cuz they seemed breakfast like.  Delicious.

I worked yesterday and made progress - though I also discovered two goofs that will need to be fixed first thing this morning.  Glad I checked yesterday but wish I had checked far earlier. Oh well.  It's all fixable.

I did not sleep well for reasons unknown so will look forward to being uber-exhausted tonight.  The only good thing about uber-exhausted is I will sleep more soundly.  Pretty pathetic to look forward to being so tired, you feel 'drugged'...but at least it results in decent sleep for 4-5 hours in a row.

It's the 'in a row' that is key.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...